Cadanz constantly aims to proactively manage its clients' business risks to avoid unnecessary disputes.
However, in case a dispute arises, and an amicable settlement is no feasible or sensible solution, Cadanz will resolutely defend the interests of its clients.
Over the years, the lawyers at Cadanz have built up a broad experience in litigating the most diverse matters before Belgian courts and arbitral tribunals. Occasionally, we act as experts to opine on matters of Belgian law in disputes before foreign courts.
Although we assist clients in a variety of matters, Cadanz has specific expertise in litigation with respect to problems of commercial and corporate law.
- Injunction proceedings for infringements of legislation on market practices and consumer laws;
- Disputes on the conclusion, the performance and/or the termination of distribution agreements;
- Disputes on infringements of sector specific legislation in the sectors of energy and telecom;
- Actions to protect and enforce intellectual property rights.
- Breaches of representations and warranties in a share purchase agreement;
- Validity of shareholders and/or board resolutions;
- Disputes between shareholders;
- Protection of minority shareholders' rights;
- Infringements on non-compete undertakings in share purchase agreements or shareholders' agreements.
Civil law litigation
- Litigation and disputes regarding contracts;
- Real estate litigation (e.g. disputes regarding sale agreements); and
- Disputes regarding joint ownership
Cadanz represents its clients both in proceedings on the merits or in summary and injunction proceedings.