You will find hereafter the general conditions of Cadanz BV ("Cadanz"). These general conditions apply to all services rendered by the partners, lawyers, employees and/or appointees of Cadanz within the scope of its normal activities.
- Cadanz is the exclusive contracting party for all services performed by its lawyers, employees and/or appointees. Cadanz is a company incorporated and existing under Belgian law, having its registered office at Bischoffsheimlaan 33 in 1000 Brussels, Belgium, registered with the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises with the number 0807929727.
- Unless explicitly agreed otherwise, the invoices of Cadanz to its clients are computed on the basis of hourly fee rates (multiplied with the number of hours worked by the persons involved on that matter by Cadanz). These fees are increased with a fixed office charge of 4% (and effectively incurred specific costs, if any) and VAT.
- Upon request, and insofar reasonably possible taking into account the specific nature of the matter, Cadanz can provide you with a fee estimate before it starts rendering its services.
- Invoices sent by Cadanz to clients have to be paid immediately upon receipt of the invoice. In case email correspondence is a common tool of communication between Cadanz and its clients, Cadanz can send the invoice (solely) by email to the email address normal used by the client. Upon request, Cadanz shall send a hard copy of the invoice to the client. Cadanz is not responsible for invoice fraud schemes set up by third parties.
- If the invoice is not paid in time, Cadanz is authorized to charge, in addition to the principal amount, the statutory interest and an additional fixed payment of 10% of the principal amount to cover the administrative costs.
- The legal relationship between Cadanz and its clients is governed by Belgian law. In case of a dispute, which has not been amicably settled, solely the courts of Brussels shall have jurisdiction.
- The total liability of Cadanz with respect to the services provided is limited to the cover under its professional liability Insurance policies, in effect from time to time.
- All lawyers of Cadanz enrolled with the Flemish Bar Association ("Orde van Vlaamse Balies") benefit from a cover of up to EUR 2,500,000 per incident. All lawyers of Cadanz enrolled with the French Bar Association ("Ordre des barreaux francophones") benefit from a cover of up to EUR 1,250,000 per incident.
- In addition, Cadanz has taken out a supplementary insurance policy for a cover up to a specific amount above such cover. On request, clients can obtain a copy of the insurance policy.
This site is not aimed at providing legal or any other advice. Cadanz cannot be held liable for any damage which would be incurred by using information provided on this website. If you would like to receive legal advice, please contact a qualified lawyer who will advise you on the basis of your personal situation.
Cadanz has the exclusive copyright to this website, its design and its complete content. Any use of this website, or parts thereof, in any form whatsoever, is prohibited without Cadanz’s prior written consent.
Cadanz is committed to safeguarding the privacy of visitors to its website. Any information will only be used to contact you and to provide you with the requested information, if possible. Your personal information will not be shared with any third parties, except as required by law. In general, use of the Cadanz website does not require providing any personal information, although information via "cookies" can be gathered.
In addition, Cadanz processes the personal data transmitted to it in accordance with the legislation in force, and, in particular, Regulation 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data, applicable from 25 May 2018 (hereinafter the "General Data Protection Regulation").